PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Lake Corsair 2 x 6

lastwoodsman
04-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Yep every year I say I'm done buying maple equipment--- Ha!

I have a set of smokey Lake drop flu 2 x 6 pans with same side reverse flow I bought in 2011. That is a great combination. Yes, I mounted them on a defunct and obsolete at the time and now resurrected Waterloo arch, now Lapierre "The Rustic" after bricking it up and filling it with vermiculite up to with in 1/2 in of the flus I could get the old girl chugging right along pretty well.

In 2012 I added the Smokey Lake "Cresendo", auto draw off. With the RO a auto draw off is a necessity and the Cresendo works flawlessly.

And now Jim is making arches so I figured its time to complete my Smokey Lake set. A short call to Jim and some photos he sent me I placed the order the same day.

A new Smokey Lake "Corsair with blower" is in the works. This with my Gringrich Ro I have had for three years with no issues, I am confident I can handle 500 taps next year. We are mostly running vacuum so only two spots to pick up at.

I never boiled over 5 hours this year with 225 taps and over 2000 gallons of sap this year. We made our best which is 50 gallons. Sap was only 2% last year it was all 3 1/2%. We RO'ed everything this year to 6.5% to 7%.

Want to break 100 to 150 gallons next year.

Let me hear your Corsaire stories-----

Adding a 12 x 8 bottling room as well in June.

Now this May I am retiring so I can devote all my time in the spring to syrupin!!!

Woodsman