PDA

View Full Version : Unrolling 1.25" and bigger mainline

Shaun
04-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Do people spin the whole roll of tubing or just grab an end and pull from the center or outside. It seems a large "jenny" would work good but not practical in certain conditions.

Moser's Maple
04-05-2016, 09:43 PM
i made a spool for 1 1/4 in and put a pipe through the spool and pick up the roll with the tractor forks. seems to work well for us

n8hutch
04-06-2016, 06:13 AM
Depends on when you put your Tubing up, if you put it up in the winter you can just have someone stand inside the roll & just use them as a post. Works remarkably well & simple. I even cut a scrub birch off about 4' off the ground & used that for a post. But that's when I was working alone one day. Now if you have 1000s of feet to put up you might want something more elaborate. 2 or 3 rolls & I wouldn't spend too much time building something.

unc23win
04-06-2016, 07:50 AM
I built one out an old trailer that I can pull behind my 4 wheeler. With the trailer unhooked the spools roll on from the front works quite well I am goingto add a thing for the wire so I can pull the wire and tubing out at the same time.

upsmapleman
04-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I take a barrel and drop the tubing down over it and then set my tractor bucket on top for weight. I unroll a lot by myself. If the ground is frozen you can just lay it in the ground. If not lay down 1/2 a sheet of plywood. The local cdl dealer has a trailer with spinner you can rent for like $20.

ennismaple
04-06-2016, 12:20 PM
i made a spool for 1 1/4 in and put a pipe through the spool and pick up the roll with the tractor forks. seems to work well for us

Ditto. (plus more characters to get to 10)