PDA

View Full Version : running tubing from both ends?

seandicare
04-05-2016, 07:24 PM
ok, I am thinking of running tubing next year, but honestly have almost no clue what I am doing...lol

I have 1 spot I am thinking of tubing that has 50 75 trees or so (depending on how far I run.) this area is pretty much flat. it is a clearing about 25ft wide and 75-100ft or so long with maples on both sides and the far end.

I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on running the tubing in a circle and running both ends into the collection tank? or would it be better to make this into 2 separate lines on each side for the clearing? vacuum pump is not an option

with no slope, I am figuring if I put this on a 1 way continuous run, I would need a bucket truck to tap the first tree. that is why I am wondering if a single line can run in 2 directions from the middle. keep the far end to a manageable height.

also, with that many taps on the line, how big of tubing would I need? would I be able to get away with 5/16? or would I need to go up the 1/2?

325abn
04-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Interesting question. Give it a try and if it works, great. If not just cut it into 2.

I ran 5/16 down a almost flat stone wall and yeah the far taps where high but as long as it falls your GTG. I have ran some long 5/16 runs with lots of taps 60 - 70 with success.