PDA

View Full Version : Aargh!!! Flue Brush Broke Off The Handle Back Under The Crimp Pan!!!!

Bruce L
04-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Was cleaning out under the flues this morning,when the brush got stuck,possibly on ceramic blanket.Took quite a few good yanks,finally the handle came out but not brush! My wife said we would have to get a team of neighbours together to lift the pan,took 6 of us to set it on,8 would have been better.As long as we are lifting it,maybe we should change the ceramic blanket the pan is setting on on the rails? How often should you change the blanket,as animals have been ripping away at it over the summers due to the sweet splash over.

ennismaple
04-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Was cleaning out under the flues this morning,when the brush got stuck,possibly on ceramic blanket.Took quite a few good yanks,finally the handle came out but not brush! My wife said we would have to get a team of neighbours together to lift the pan,took 6 of us to set it on,8 would have been better.As long as we are lifting it,maybe we should change the ceramic blanket the pan is setting on on the rails? How often should you change the blanket,as animals have been ripping away at it over the summers due to the sweet splash over.

That sucks Bruce. Good question about the blanket - Ours has gotten very compressed over the 7 seasons we've had our evaporator and it's likely due to be changed. I noted some fine ash that had been pushed though a small gap under the flue pan and the front pan doesn't sit as tight as it used to.

If I was you I'd change it while you have the flue pan off the rails.