PDA

View Full Version : Home built to questions.

sugaring in vt
03-30-2016, 09:07 AM
im in the early thought process of building a ro and have a few questions. I'm looking at using a procon pump rated at 125 gph with a 250psi Max relief pressure and having the adjustment feature so I can turn it down. I found some 4x40 stainless housings with clamps or with u bolts. Is one better then the other? I was going to use the xle4040 membrane as that seems to be the most popular. Another question I have if I decide to add another membrane in series at a later date will my pump selection be able to keep up. I'm not sure it will be necessary as I'm only putting out 85 taps right now with half on 3/16 line. Just trying to think ahead and still keep within a budget. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Diesel Pro
03-30-2016, 09:22 AM
I built mine with a 240 gph pump and it works well. If you even consider going to a second membrane I'd set up with higher flow from the start. The relief valves are easily adjustable.

sugaring in vt
03-30-2016, 02:03 PM
I'll look into the bigger pump. Thanks for the reply it could save me some headaches down the road if I decide to expand to more membranes.