PDA

View Full Version : Developing new vacuum system

islandviewpeter
03-25-2016, 07:50 AM
I'm interested in developing a vacuum system. I am trying to figure out the best way to lay it out and have a few ideas and questions. It's 900 ft across the pasture to edge of bush. then about 1700 ft to far side of bush.
I would like to bury the line across the pasture, when we get to the bush we run out of soil depth for burying, there's a limestone ridge running across the farm. Slope is towards the milkhouse/sugarhouse.
Right now we run 350 taps on 5/16 lines on gravity to a 400gal tank on far side of bush side road and haul home. Looking to expand to 500 taps for now. Potential of 1000+ possible. I have some experience with dairy vacuum systems as a former dairy farmer and odds and ends of the milking system minus the vacuum pump.
My objective is to have the sap get to the milkhouse w/o hauling and have the advantage of vacuum.

Questions are endless. Pumps, releasers, locations of units. Burying will I need a below ground structure to accept lines.

First idea is to bury wet line dry line across pasture, come out of the ground and then hang on traditional wire across bottom edge of bush and run mainlines into this. Suggestions?