PDA

View Full Version : Maple Weekend #1

backyardsugarer
03-23-2016, 11:26 AM
How was the turnout around the State?

We had our busiest weekend ever. Lots of visitors. The weather was nice (not warm enough for sap but sunny) which helped draw the crowds. I hope The one scheduled for April l is half as busy.

Good luck to all the producers that represent the spirit of the weekend by opening up for free tours, demo's and education.

southfork
03-23-2016, 03:26 PM
I attended the open house at Madava Farm/Crown Maple. It appeared to me they had a very large turnout, hundreds and hundreds of people. We enjoyed our visit, class operation with good food and drink.

Mountain Winds Farm
03-23-2016, 03:28 PM
We were very busy for the first weekend, able to make syrup on Saturday, to cold for sap to run Sunday, but all of our guests seemed to enjoy our tours and our products

ADK_XJ
03-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Dragged my in laws and the wife out to Mapleland Farms overlooking Cossayuna Lake in Washington County for their open house Sunday...it was PACKED. Good for them, the Campbell's are nice people and making some great syrup. I think we got there at just the right time because we were seated in 5 minutes but I saw a line out into the parking lot when we left.

Dave Campbell did tell me they would most likely finish boiling that weekend but they had made over 4000 gallons. Kind of wondering if the change in weather made them rethink that...

Moser's Maple
03-23-2016, 08:03 PM
574 signed in so that's up from last year. I know we didn't get everybody that walked through the door. Sold out both days, gave tours to who ever wanted them. Had 8 school groups go through. Had enough sap to concentrate both days and boil like we normally would. Had time to do couple demos, but then was just busy handing out hot samples of syrup and bottling for customers. On Saturday my 8 year old daughter did an amazing job of explaining reverse osmosis to some harden maple producers that aren't convinced about ro benefits and ease of use.

backyardsugarer
03-24-2016, 06:23 AM
Not convinced about the benefits of RO? I hope your 8 year old set them straight.