PDA

View Full Version : Quebec operations to visit

sapman
03-22-2016, 08:51 AM
Can anyone recommend any Quebec producers that would be good for a visit? I've always dreamed of going north when I'm done boiling and visiting some large operations in Canada, and my wife has actually agreed, as long as we stay in Montreal for her shopping. Not sure how far from the city I'd need to go. Just starting my search.

Thanks

can'twaitforabigrun
04-16-2016, 02:17 AM
Only one I know of is lapierre near Beauce, 150,000 tap operation. They test all their new equipment there before bringing them to market. I know of many excellent operations in Ontario, Wheelers; 30,000 taps near Lanark with a pancake house and maple and chainsaw museum. Sugarbush hill maple farm in Muskoka, Gilbertsons is the largest in the province and is located north near Sault St Marie. Send me a pm if you are interested in visiting more locations in Ontario. Added bonus, no federation here.

maple maniac65
04-16-2016, 06:03 AM
Wheelers well worth the 7 hour drive me.

TheMapleMoose
04-16-2016, 07:33 AM
Gilbertsons is a pretty neat place. The pancake house is awesome. My wife's family lives on St. Joe's island. Not very close to Montreal though. I'm pretty sure it's a 10 or 12 hour drive. One way

sapman
04-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I will keep these all in mind. Lapierre is real high on my list, but still a couple hours from Montreal.

CBOYER
04-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Sugaring operations are at least one hour drive from Montréal. At North: around Mirabel, at east: Granby, South-West: Ormstown where is Serge Beaulieu the Federation President. here in Milan, we have Lapierre, but sometimes you cannot visit...depends on what they test...

maple flats
04-17-2016, 04:02 PM
You may want to contact Keith Schiebel the FFA advisor at VVS where the Jan maple conf. is held. He has taken a few trips north with his FFA kids, he may have some good ideas.