PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning pans

relseek
03-21-2016, 09:27 PM
I have read on here about some people using sap (fermented) to clean the pans, I have also read of people using a vinegar/water solution(this what I normally do). But has anyone ever filled the pans with sap and added vinegar and used that combo to try cleaning? Do you see any upsides or potential problems?

Bricklayer
03-22-2016, 01:02 PM
I used sap for the last couple years to clean my 2x4 pan. It takes a long time. I left it until July. It stunk like hell. But once the stink went away it was basically a vinegary watery slimey broth. Pan was like brand new. Just drained it off and rinsed it out. Filled again. Boiled water in it and it was like brand new. I will probley do the same this year with the new pans. I waited till season was over and used the real buddy sap that was in the buckets before I pulled the taps. It's not a quick way to clean the pans but it works. There are no acids or chemicals involved but it will churn your stomach with the smell.

rayi
03-22-2016, 03:21 PM
I've done the same with my 2x6 Don't need to and nature makes the vinegar. Also make sure your SAP level is a little bit above the line that the SAP boiled at

relseek
03-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, my thought was that maybe the addition of the vinegar would speed up up the process without the smell maybe( and save me from taking water to the sugar shack)