PDA

View Full Version : Maple weekend

highlandcattle
03-20-2016, 04:51 PM
Well we got out yesterday to check out a new place. We're always amazed at the money some people have spent to get into the maple business. Frankly when I see some of these big set ups,it exhausts me. The debt and all the fussiness and everything takes all the pleasure out of the whole process. I lost interest. That's just us though. Guess things have just progressed so much,that its lost on me. Too complicated. Visited a great place on Sacandaga Lake this a.m. (my family had camps in Edinbug and have nothing but great memories)We had a great time. Terrific people,got to try out some goodies and their syrup was top notch. We'ld still be there if I hadn't dragged him home. The wood stove needed feeding. We've now been to everything around us. A couple of real out of the way places left. Hate to be disappointed after a long drive. So we might give it a whirl for April. The farm is still for sale,so afraid to indulge in anything else for here. So love going to a dealers showroom though,no harm in looking...

Bentley Wood Maple
03-20-2016, 05:12 PM
I find it hard to believe I would get any more enjoyment out of making a thousand gallons of syrup than get out of making a hundred gallons.
Made more this year than expected to make. Went real dark today. Slow getting through filters.