PDA

View Full Version : Open Houses

adk1
03-18-2016, 10:52 AM
I know Leaders Open house is April 22 and 23rd, but what other maple equipment open houses are around the same time? I know that St Albans has the Vermont Maple Festival the same weekend too.

Russell Lampron
03-18-2016, 11:59 AM
CDL, Lapierre and Dominion and Grimm also have their open house's that weekend too.

Helicopter Seeds
03-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Interesting coincidence, I will be traveling north from Connecticut to take my daughter to visit the University of Vermont for that Saturday, we figured on stopping in at least one of the stores on Friday to browse if nothing else, maybe pick up a used pan. Looks like Dr. Tim will be speaking at the Leader event, so much for chancing bumping into him at UV. Well it's for my daughter anyway, and I can't see driving that much further north in the tight time we have. Probably go to Bascom, but I see that CDL has locations in Rutland and Morrissville not far out of the way.
I figure if I come across a good deal on a used pan, I can save a trip and save shipping.

wurmdert
03-18-2016, 08:05 PM
Are there any campgrounds around where a man could pitch a tent lol. Hate to waste tubing money on hotels lol lol

sugaring in vt
03-19-2016, 06:21 AM
Helicopter seeds just so you know if you get on the interstate 89 in Burlington it's only about 30-45 minute drive to st Albans I think the festival is on Sunday to .

doocat
03-19-2016, 07:33 AM
We stay at a campground in Georgia Center every year. It right near the Dominion and Grimm location.

Eds Constructors
03-19-2016, 09:01 AM
Are there any open houses here in NY? And what is an open house? New to the hobbie.
Thanks

highlandcattle
03-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Go on the internet and look up dealers near you. All the equipment companies have dealers scattered around. Next month when bulk syrup is being bought that's when they host an open house. Great time to meet up with people you only may see at these events and to catch up on new goodies. We love going. Big day out for us. Last Spring went to dominion and Grimm new building in Bennington ,Vermont. Nice day trip. So check it out,you'll love it.

Highland Hills Farm
450 taps on vacuum
Totally off grid homestead

Eds Constructors
03-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Thanks, found a couple near me (within 10 miles) will be checking them out in April, it's going to be nice to see the different set ups out there and learn a bit more about the hobbie. You can never know too much!