PDA

View Full Version : Question for Gast experts

butler
03-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Just received a Gast 2565 and want to install a gas motor ... Does anyone know shaft turn direction and can I do direct drive or do I need to do pulleys ... Any advice on doing this would really help

Fiddlehead
03-20-2016, 08:48 PM
I have the same pump except mine is the direct drive 2567. I expect you will need to run pulleys to get the rpm's correct. That pump is intended for 1800 rpm and a gas motor would likely go much faster. I was thinking is running one on a small Honda 4 stroke motor since they are quiet and great on fuel. Remember to install a check valve just off the pump so it can vacuum, but won't spin backwards when it is shut off due the high vacuum pressure still in your tubing system. It could ruin the carbon vanes. Post a picture when set up. Would love to see it!

madmapler
03-21-2016, 06:58 AM
Chances are it goes in the same rotation as the engine so pulleys are the way to go. Some are designed to go backwards but not many. Usually there's an arrow showing the rotation but they sometimes fall off. I'm running 2- 2565s on a 6hp gas motor. I have 6"pulleys on the pumps and 2.5" pulleys on the motor. That way I can idle it down a little and save fuel. I have an rpm meter I bought on ebay for 11 bucks or something so I can check the pump speed. If you were to use a 3" pulley on the engine and a 6" pulley on the pump and ran it wide open then the pump would be about the right speed. BTW. I threw this setup together at the last minute when my other pump broke and its giving me 25hgs. on 1400 taps. I'm really impressed with these little pumps.