PDA

View Full Version : What side felt filter?

Jmsmithy
03-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Hello All.

Getting ready to filter. I use felt think one and 4-5 pre-filters. My question is what side of the heavy felt filter do I have facing up in my filter box ( pouring syrup in it ) - the soft cottony side or the rougher side?

adk1
03-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Hello All.

Getting ready to filter. I use felt think one and 4-5 pre-filters. My question is what side of the heavy felt filter do I have facing up in my filter box ( pouring syrup in it ) - the soft cottony side or the rougher side?that is funny right there I was wondering the same thing. First year using flat filters. I have filtered with both sides up I must say it seems to filter faster with the soft side up

adk1
03-22-2016, 09:07 PM
I must say that I think the cone filtering is better than the flat filtering. Don't see why but I think it is for me

stoweski
03-23-2016, 04:38 AM
The same side... Each time. :)

adk1
03-23-2016, 07:50 AM
This was the first year I used a filter/canner. I use one heavy filter and 4 pre filters above it. I must say that I really think that my old system using cone filters did a better job of filtering. I would use a heavy filter and 4 cone pre filters in it. This is suprising to me