PDA

View Full Version : Using a Shurflo/Guzzler and a releaser?

DaveB
03-14-2016, 08:30 PM
I know that when you use a pump such as a Shurflo or a Guzzler that you don't need a releaser and I've been using Shurflo's for several seasons now and am happy with the performance but you do have to have everything right for them to work properly. With my season winding down I'm thinking of different ways that I can improve my performance and I was thinking about my vacuum setup. I used to have a traditional vacuum pump and releaser but I switched to using a Shurflo pump because I didn't have a high tap count in the different areas that I wanted vacuum and I liked the simplicity of the setup.

I was thinking about the fact that a Shurflo can get a 27" vacuum on a tight setup and I regularly had over 15". Considering that vacuum pumps can run over $1000, I was wondering if I could do a hybrid system and use the Shurflo pump as the vacuum pump and connect it directly to a releaser. Since they can run dry, I was wondering how that might work. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

maple flats
03-14-2016, 09:03 PM
They can run dry without damage, but a diaphragm pump works best with liquid in it. If you use a releaser with one you will lose vacuum.