PDA

View Full Version : liquid ring pump spewing antifreeze thr vent

windyacres
03-14-2016, 02:55 PM
I got a used 30 cfm liquid ring pump from another producer hooked to a 45 gallon barrel of coolant (half full) to take the return which is 1.5 black pipe . 1.5 tee vents the system just before the return goes into barrel. pump makes good vacuum but quickly starts spewing out of a 4 foot vent made from 1.5 inch ABS ??? Any ideas ???

GeneralStark
03-14-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure I am reading your description correct but it seems you are using water with antifreeze as the service fluid for the pump? The exiting water and air from the pump should go up to a T and then the air should vent vertically for another several feet, preferably outdoors as moisture will come out the vent. The water should be directed back to the service fluid reservoir. If water is coming out the vent you should probably go to 2" or larger pipe.

windyacres
03-14-2016, 10:45 PM
yes -all assumptions correct. we have about 4 feet of inch and a half pipe and it is puking large amounts of antifreeze,otherwise the pump is doing its job. we are at wits end,new to vacuum. go t a 6.5 hp lister diesel to run this for 250.00 $

Parker
03-15-2016, 06:21 AM
My pump coolant goes thru an inch and a half pipe into the resivior above the liquid level then pukes down into the tank,,then there is a vent on top of the tank,,,,i keep my coolant level deep enough in the tank so its even with the center shaft of the pump,,,i have a 60 cfm dekker,,,call if you have questions or want pics of my set up,,,,,,603 491 0082,,,parker