PDA

View Full Version : Making Syrup

Uncle Tucker
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Boiled today did not have much sap so only got a quart. Still not to bad for 2 hours of boiling. I think last weekend when I over sweetened the pan (their was taffy a quarter inch over the whole pan) helped a lot. A couple more runs and I should get the hang of my new set up.

325abn
03-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I am boiling as I type (wirless is great). I am up to about 139 taps with what I put in today. Just looking to sweaten the pan and get a feel of how this rig operates

Fun Fun Fun Fun

3% Solution
03-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Tucker, taffy is not good!!
Sap's running here, not gang busters but it's running.
Picked up 45 gallons today, did some fussing with things, got the pan sweetened the pan as a matter of fact, drew two small ones, the last one was right at the LAST FIRE mark, I hate that!
Looked like a good medium, tastes like maple syrup, that's what we want!!
Keep up the boiling, keep it going!!

Dave

Uncle Tucker
03-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Good run today, about 75 gal on 50 taps. Boiled it all this evning made A Dark, not shore how much to tired to bottle tonight. Ill bottel tomoroy if i am not boiling.

Uncle Tucker
03-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I boiled today from Fridays run. I healed the sap so I could have my friends and family over to see the finished sap shack. It was nice to have the company for a change. Matt came over who helped do a lot of framing of the shack, and he brought some sap from 14 trees he taped at his house. My brother in law took some syrup to his family furniture store in Bristle New Hampshire, so if any one is looking for some great tasting New Hampshire maple syrup be shore to pick some up.