PDA

View Full Version : old dryer shell for an evaporator?

ScottyWelden
03-09-2016, 06:44 PM
My evaporator is a file cabinet shell, plus insulation, inside cinder blocks. The clothes dryer just died, and I'm thinking of using it for next year's version. Any thoughts?

Cedar Eater
03-09-2016, 08:35 PM
I built one from parts from both a dryer and a washer. The washer tub and drum became the firebox inside the dryer shell. If you click on the link that says Kenmore Sugar Dryer in my sig lines below, you'll see pics of the build.

ScottyWelden
03-09-2016, 08:47 PM
I like your style!

spud
03-10-2016, 07:47 AM
My evaporator is a file cabinet shell, plus insulation, inside cinder blocks. The clothes dryer just died, and I'm thinking of using it for next year's version. Any thoughts?

This is not sugaring. This is down right insane. Get a flat pan from a restaurant or something. Spend $50.00 and do it right. Nobody wants to eat syrup from a filing cabinet or clothes dryer. You're going to harm your own health or someone else. That's wrong.

Spud

chad
03-10-2016, 08:06 AM
This is not sugaring. This is down right insane. Get a flat pan from a restaurant or something. Spend $50.00 and do it right. Nobody wants to eat syrup from a filing cabinet or clothes dryer. You're going to harm your own health or someone else. That's wrong.

Spud
They are cooking in a stainless steel pan, the file cabinet and dryer are there arch.

Cedar Eater
03-10-2016, 09:44 AM

Spud

I just have to be careful not to overdry the sap. These modern appliances have so many confusing settings on them. I specifically have to avoid the anti-wrinkle feature. :mrgreen:

happy thoughts
03-10-2016, 10:04 AM
I just have to be careful not to overdry the sap. These modern appliances have so many confusing settings on them. I specifically have to avoid the anti-wrinkle feature. :mrgreen:

You should be OK as long as you don't run it more than a quarter full :lol: