PDA

View Full Version : Any manifold pictures for 12V Shurflo 2088 with 3/16 gravity

Maplesapper
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Hi Guys;

Can you guys please post any images of your 12V SHURFLO pump with laterals hooked into a manifold.

I just picked up a 12 volt diaphragm pump.
We have 6 lateral coming down the hill.
Just trying to learn how to tie this system all together to run as efficiently as possible.

Thanks

maplestudent
03-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Maplesapper.....I don't use 3/16 tubing, but I do use all 5/16 tubing on two main runs. The 1st pic below show how I connected it all so that one pipe goes to the pump. the PVC is all 1/2". My two main lines come in from the bottom and right of the picture and both loop around the tree and end with an end ring connector. I used this method so I can tighten the tubing. The blue T's have one end closed, so the sap does not go around the tree.

I put both runs on valves so that if I needed to work on one I could still keep the other on vacuum.

The valve to the far left (I just added it) is for recirculating sap from my storage tank in order to build vacuum.

The second picture shows the inside of the box where the pump is (opposite side from the first pic). I've got the PVC connected to the strainer (using a union fitting), which is then connected to the pump. I plug the light in when it gets below freezing so the pump does not freeze. 40w bulb.

Probably not the most efficient use of fittings but half of it I already had so I just needed to buy the rest.

It may be easier (and cheaper) to just use a length of 3/4 pipe and attach saddles that accept 3/16" tubing.

(keep forgetting to pick up a cover for that outlet)

13700 13701