PDA

View Full Version : Wind, argh!

maple flats
03-08-2016, 11:39 AM
With all of the wind we've been getting lately, I had my biggest issue to date. Late Sunday evening I was walking my woods and found a major leak. It seems a 7" limb fell out of one of my larger sugars on that lease and it thought it should land on that nice tight tubing strung under it. When most trees or big limbs fall they just push that main to the ground and break a side tie or 2. However, this main was crossing a low spot and by the time the limb pushed the main to the ground, it had broken 4 side ties and a mainline tee, where 2 mains converged to enter my wet/dry system. The sap was flowing pretty good too, but I didn't have another tee (shame on me). I had to pick one up after my morning school bus run, then go up and fix it. I try to use all Lapierre SS fittings, but this was plastic and my fix was plastic. I've got to order some SS tees and Y's to have in stock.
Mid way thru the repair Grimm Reaper called to see how things were going. When I told him what had happened, he said he would come help (he is about 1 hr. away. By the time he got there I had just finished, but he stayed and helped with a few other things, Thanks Vince, you were a great help.
We both looked at a few of my 3/16 lines and we are truly impressed how well they run, too bad several hours worth landed on the ground at the broken Tee.

maplestudent
03-08-2016, 02:35 PM
frustrating when you have everything in place and ready to go, and something like that happens and not only do you have to scramble to fix it, but you lose sap too.