PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Releaser any solutions?

Dill
03-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Looks like I've got a leak somewhere in the bottom of the my Lapierre releaser can. Of course its in the season so I can't ship it back up there. Anyone have a good goopy solution to fixing these?

Russell Lampron
03-07-2016, 11:32 AM
You can try covering the outside of the leaking area with food grade silicone sealer.

Talk to the dealer that you bought your releaser from and see if they can ship you the new part and you can send the old one back.

Red Maples (Brad) had a problem with his releaser and Chris Phiel helped him out.

tcross
03-07-2016, 11:32 AM
food grade silicone caulking... I have to use a little on my releaser where the glass seals the top. holds up all season long! got mine form an ace hardware store.

JoeJ
03-07-2016, 11:45 AM
I had a double mechanical Lapierre releaser 2 years ago that had a leak in the bottom that I could not find all season. Lots of silicone that did no good. I returned the releaser and bought an electric one. I don't know how old your releaser is, but someone close to Lapierre told me that the higher ups at Lapierre started buying cheaper material for the releasers 2 or 3 years ago and they have had a of lot of subsequent problems.

Joe

Dill
03-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Red Maples (Brad) had a problem with his releaser and Chris Phiel helped him out. Good to know, I bought this one from Maple guys 3-4 years ago.

wiam
03-07-2016, 06:21 PM
The PVC cement that is used on these is gray. It has a different consistency than the clear. I found some of the gray at Lowes or Home Depot. I flipped my released over cleaned all around the bottom with PVC cleaner then put 2 coats all around(letting dry in between). No more leak.

PerryFamily
03-07-2016, 06:58 PM
I have done the same as Wiam with good results
I actually dropped it and a piece broke off the bottom. Primer, glue, primer glue repeat often getting bigger as you go
Seemed to work good. Gray PVC glue is solid bodied I think

wiam
03-07-2016, 08:39 PM
What I used is Oatey brand. "Medium-Gray" product #30884

TheMapleMoose
03-08-2016, 06:05 AM
I had a leak around the drain pipe the flapper seals on, and I gooped it up with pvc cement. I used the clear and it worked ok, next time I'll see if I can find the gray. The clear is a little soupy.