PDA

View Full Version : Corrugated roof roof jack

jmayerl
03-06-2016, 10:08 AM
In the next few days I need to put my 3 stacks through my new sugar shack roof. I have been putting this off til the last minute. This needs to be done right because this is a very fancy building. It has a new steel roof that was build a few years before I bought it last year. 4/12 pitch, I do have my old roof jacks from the previous shack. I have look online and it seems there are a few different ways to do it. I would love pictures and or step by steps from others with steel roofs.

wnybassman
03-06-2016, 12:07 PM
My one stack I decided not to go through the peak, but kept it close enough to the peak so the flashing of the roof jack tucked up under the ridge steel. Made for a much easier/cleaner job. On my trim brake I bent the sides of the roof jack down to conform the the ribbing of the roof and also created a little rigidity to the metal so it resists buckling. On top of those side ribs I put a length of butyl tape between the flashing and roofing. On the bottom side of the bottom edge of the flashing I put the formed foam strips to keep bugs and stuff out.

I couldn't figure out a good way to finish off the jack if I didn't go up to the ridge with it, so that's why it ended up the way it did.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/wnybassman/2014Shack/stackoutroof_zps1a6ef5d7.jpg

maplestudent
03-07-2016, 07:29 AM
nice building Noel. I like the way you finished that....very neat and clean looking.