PDA

View Full Version : Season not over – the Fat Lady hasn't sung

SapLover
03-06-2016, 08:34 AM
I know folks are feeling tired, but I am pretty sure the season is going to keep going – especially for those of us who tapped a bit later and those of us using vacuum – mine is almost set up.

You guys/gals AGREE?

BTW – with a shurflo pump (I bought mine for 60 bucks), you can get a vacuum system going pretty cheap.

I am boiling 18 gallons from 5 trees from the last 3 or 4 days.

Yes, next week will be warm, but the nights in the next 7-10 days should be enough to get us below freezing.

Keep the faith! There is more mapling to do . . .

THOUGHTS?

chuckwagon
03-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Being my 1st year I'm not sure what to expect,not sure when season Will end but I hope we get another couple weeks ,I'll keep going until it's officially over,couple warm days coming here in pa but supposed to cool off towards weekend,guess we'll have to wait and see.

JDP
03-06-2016, 06:03 PM
We have had only 2 good runs in Southern Ontario netting us 200 gallons each time. 300 gallons boiled down to 9 gallons syrup. 33: 1 ratio....... still 100 gallons frozen in the tank...... cant complain but if this run tomorrow is it, we will just be over last years 16 gallons syrup. cross fingers for a possible recharge as Thursday is close to freezing. Hopefully goes lower.
We put a lot of work into our upgrades for 3 boils and a sugarhouse still under construction. I think things will cool down again. Hopefully before any buds begin.