PDA

View Full Version : Atmos 3000

Wanabe1972
03-06-2016, 05:11 AM
Do you have to refrigerate the Atmos defoamer between uses? I always have but find it a pain in the butt to get it in liquid form for use. I have a small burner in the shack i calibrate my auto draw with and usually drop the bottle in the hot water for a few minutes to get ready for use but was just wondering if i need to do this every time i boil. Jeff

Russell Lampron
03-06-2016, 05:39 AM
I don't refrigerate mine. It usually gets cold enough in the sugarhouse to do the same thing. I put mine on the back edge of the front pan next to the steam hood to get it warmed up. Sometimes I have foam before I have liquid defoamer but most of the time it's liquid enough by then.

wiam
03-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Mine does not go in a refridgerator durin season. It is usually solid in the sugarhouse. I put mine in the microwave to liquefy it.

maple flats
03-06-2016, 05:47 AM
I don't refrigerate in season, but I freeze it between seasons. For in season, to use it, I pop it in a small micro wave (10 seconds) I have in the sugarhouse. Before I had the micro wave, I used to set it on the small space, where my front pan meets my raised flue pan, that had it liquid enough to use at my first refueling after starting the fire (9 minutes).

Wanabe1972
03-06-2016, 06:24 AM
Thanks guys it doesn't say to put it in the fridge but I wasnt sure. I had a bottle tip over and melt last year on my evaporator door and thats smells nice. I will try the microwave as I also have a small one in the shack.

lpakiz
03-06-2016, 06:46 AM
I put a dose in the flue pan when I shut down at night. Then put the bottle in the hood, on the condensation catcher tray in there. By the time I need it again, it is usually thawed enough to use.