PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw survey for HS engineering project

mapleing moore
03-09-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm a senior in high school in central New Hampshire and am doing a project for an engineering class and was wondering if you guys could help me out with some survey questions. For the class we have to create and design a product that is unique and useful to us. I do logging on the weekend and I spend a lot of time maintaining sugarbushes so decided to try and improve something on the chainsaw. We are trying to think of a product that can be integrated into the chainsaw that would help free it when it gets pinched, other than cutting it out with another saw. The survey link is http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB22688TCP4QD

Thank you very much for your time and your results are appreciated

maplehound
03-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Go for it. i took the survey for you and look forward to what you come up with

Fred Henderson
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
So did I. I have been hanging up saws in trees for 40 years. I know how not to but do it anyway.

mcsap
03-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Good luck. I'm like Fred but have only been hanging saws up for about 20 years.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the idea- Now i just got to get a prototype made up and patented... Took me about a minute and 1/2 to come up with something of an idea that will work.

$24.95 and i'll send a drawing.

Really- just think of if as if you had a wedge built on a bracket/spring loaded above the bar so when you got the depth of the bar into the log and an inch deeper the tapered wedge would insert into the cut and as the saw went through the cut the wedge would stay inserted and////Ta Da no pinch if pressure was applied to wedge....

Fred Henderson
03-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe just a spring loaded hand that would spring up and slap me as a reminder not to pinch. LOL

oldemaple
03-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I took your survey and I hope that you're successful in coming up with something.

Russell Lampron
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I just took your survey. Good luck with your project and let us know how it turns out.

Russ

Pete33Vt
03-10-2007, 03:28 AM
I just took the survey, It will be interesting to see what comes out of it. Hopefully something that will help us all and could be quickly added to exsisting saws. Also nothing that is to big or bulky to have on a saw.
Good luck.