PDA

View Full Version : Leader 2x4 supreme pan?

BHMC
03-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Hello all… I have recently seen some talk about a Leader to 2x4 "supreme" pan… Can somebody simply explain to me what this pan is. Is it just an oversized half point or does it have some type of a flu system with it. Thanks for your help

red dorakeen
03-04-2016, 03:51 AM
I was looking at these.

In their catalog (https://leaderevaporator.com/pdf_files/Leaderfallwinter2015.pdf) there is a picture of the supreme pan.

The description says, "We have increased the surface area of the traditional boiling pan by adding 6 micro flues to the middle of the pan. This increase in surface area results in an INCREASE IN EVAPORATION RATES."

https://leaderevaporator.com/pdf_files/Leaderfallwinter2015.pdf

sapman28
03-04-2016, 10:31 AM
The middle tray has 2 or 3 inch flues. Bascoms has them in stock.

jbutton
03-06-2016, 05:27 AM
I've seen them at leader. The middle compartment has drop flues. That are not very big.the 2 outside compartments are regular. I looked at them then made my decision to buy a hybrid pan from jim at smoky lake

n8hutch
03-06-2016, 06:37 AM
Someone at Leader wised up to the fact that people with these smaller rigs want to boil faster. Unfortunately they really didn't put that much effort into building something of great value, they more or less threw a couple of flues in the center of a half pint pan.

Mikemartin274
03-07-2016, 05:31 PM
I own this pan with a wood fired arch. It is a continuous flow reversible pan. There are 6 4" drop flues in the center. Let me tell you what this thing boils extremely fast for a 2x4 will get you exact gph later in the season. Let not forget the mention the price tag is affordable. I'm extremely happy with it! Highly recommend it. These people talking it down clearly have not ever boiled on this rig. Wouldn't surprise me if they have not seen one either.

n8hutch
03-07-2016, 05:53 PM
I didn't mean to offend anyone, I just think a deep pocket company like leader could have spent a little bit more time on designing a pan, and yes I have seeno one at Bascom's. I'm glad you like your rig. I just think leader could have done more.

jfh57
03-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Please keep feeding the information regarding this pan. I am also interested in upgrading to it. Seems to be a reasonable cost for a modest increase in boiling rate

michiganphil
03-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Also new in the Leader catalog is an arch extension for the half-pint. I always wondered why Leader had not offered something like this before. Seems like people who buy a half-pint, outgrow or upgrade rather quickly. The arch extension, with a supreme pan, would make a very affordable upgrade instead of trading in for a traditional 2x6.

Mikemartin274
03-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Boiled on my 2x4 supreme pan today first time with SAP. Boiled 100 gallons in 8 hours. At times it was roaring much better then other times. It took me a bit to figure out how much wood, what size and how often it needs it. Going to fire it up again on Saturday. Hopefully up the boiling rate and draw off some syrup already!

jbutton
03-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Mikemarttin274,I have seen them. A family member is a salesman right at leader and I wanted to see it and he showed me.it wasn't what I was looking for. Glad you like it.happy boiling

yfcjake
03-13-2016, 08:18 AM
Thinking about upgrading my home made system to a Leader or Mason "half pint" size evaporator. Any thoughts as to which one to go with?

Mikemartin274
03-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Yfcjake,
So I own the 2x4 supreme pan I love it compared to oil tank steam pans. I have i t on wood fired arch. Not sure about Mason but if you get a leader half pint. It's a great choice it leave you plenty of upgrade options. If you took upgrades all the way you could see 16+ gph. Just my .2

kellicasey
03-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Do you have a blower? Thinking about extending my arch and getting a 2x6 supreme pan I have a blower.

steve J
03-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Mike you said you boiled 10 gallons in 8 hours do you have a blower under fire or just fire? I have a mason 2x4 And I boil about 12 to 14 gallons per hour with a blower but just a flat botton 3 section pan>