PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Leader

SapSuckers
03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
I made a trip to Leader evaporator in Swanton VT this week for some last minute supplies I will need for this season. I am lucky to have such a place only a 45 minute drive from home. I was also fortunate to have my wife and 14 month old son with me. She may not always understand the time, hastle, and expense associated with backyard sugaring but is very supportive. My son is well on his way to taking on the maple hobby as this was his 3rd trip to leader, his first at 4 months old. He has also been in 3 sugarhouse's by 5 months.

For anyone who has a chance to visit leader I highly recommend it. Everyone is very friendly and very knowledgeable. They spend as much time with a guy with 20 taps as a guy with 30,000. Even the other customers there shopping seem to stop and talk for a while. Amamzing to see the pans and archs being built and tubing being made. Like a kid in a candy store.

good luck for the rest of the season,
chris

jdj
03-11-2007, 04:03 AM
Chris,
I've been to leader several times and have yet to be disappointed. They are always great to deal with. A little pricey but they make qaulity equipment, in my opinion probably the best money can buy. Like you said they appreciate the small producers as much as the big ones.