PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a 12v 2088 SHurflo Pump in the Toronto area ?

Maplesapper
03-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Hi Guys;

New to the 12Volt pump idea, but like the thought of running something off a marine battery.
Our bush is well away from power.

First- I run 120 taps on 6 separate laterals on natural gravity.

Is the 12volt 2088 Shurflo a pump that you place at the end of your laterals to help create more vacuum ?
Or would you have all the laterals empty into a mainline, and run the vacuum on the mainline ?
Any ideas where to purchase one in the Toronto area.

Thanks for the guidance

TerryEspo
03-01-2016, 01:37 PM
I run my laterals into a mainline, mainline connects to the Shurflo intake.

What size laterals do you have?

120 taps into 6 laterals average says 20 taps per lateral, good numbers if your running 3/16 with plenty slope, bad amount if your running 5/16ths tubing. If your on 3/16 tubing with perfect slope, you don't need the Shurflow pump.

If your on 5/16 tubing and want the pump, you should have less taps per lateral, 5 taps per lateral they say, but 5-8 taps should be ok.

Shurflow pump should be available at any RV store, ToolTown sells a knock off diaphragm pump, Ebay, your looking for a diaphragm pump that can run continuous and run dry.

Hope some of this helps.

johnallin
03-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Call the Chandlery (ship store) at Port Credit Marina. They probably have them in stock as they're common pumps on boat water systems as well. West Marine in Mississauga should have them also.

Maplesapper
03-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Thanks Terry-

We run 20 taps or so on 3/16 gravity and we have a tremendous slope- 100' top to bottom.
Last year we got up to 15" HG.....figured we have some improvements left.
I suspect we zig zagged a little too much with the laterals before we finished with a 40' drop.
This year we will try to run more directly down the hill from the start