PDA

View Full Version : It's a Rap here the season is over

buckeye gold
02-27-2016, 07:06 PM
Well what sap I got the last two days is progressively getting cloudier. My syrup will not filter to perfectly clear no matter what I do, so I'm calling it a season. It's been a long one since I put fall taps out the second week of December and pulled them first of January. Then I put my regular taps out Around January 20th. Way to many warm days, but I still boiled close to my normal volume of sap, but sugar at 1.2 -1.4% killed my production. My ratio ended at 58.7 to one. Now I'll flood the pan to ferment and clean later and wash up all the gear and watch what all you Northern Boys do.

SevenCreeksSap
03-04-2016, 07:05 PM
wow, you tapped a week earlier than me and I was hoping it would last a bit longer. have only finished 7 gallons so far but have full pans to boil. looks good the next few days, then predicting 70 degrees tuesday. crazy weather. I'm holding out until the leaf buds start to show up. it may be a bit cloudy but that just seems to make darker syrup. I'm sure we're at lower sugar too, though I'm not keeping as good records as usual. running about 55:1