PDA

View Full Version : Ready in East Aurora

Dropflue
03-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Ready to go in East Aurora. Wasn't sure if we were tapping this year. My Dad has to go in for open heart surgery next week Monday. We have some friends who can collect sap and boil for us if need be.
Checked on some buckets last night, some fell down from the winds, but most were there.

Good to see that the boys in Eden, NY are sugaring this year. Maybe they will stop by for a beer this season!!

New Hope Mapleman
03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad needing surgery (and I thought it was bad with my sister getting married during syrup season.) On the good side, my dad made it through such surgery three months after he had a massive stroke. You would never know it today, he is my right hand and the left I think!
Hope it all works out for you. I'll be praying for you guys. Stop in to New Hope anytime you want.

syrupmaker
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Dropflue, glad to hear that you worked it out to tap this year. Good luck to dad next Monday. After he is up and on his feet he can at least be there for the boiling and bs'n. I bet you will see us some time over this season for a beer and I might even sneek over with mapleking.
Rick

200 taps this year
10 on buckets, rest on tubbing
no chickens
1 new shack hound
new homemade experimental electronic releaser
not sent from my blackberry handheld