PDA

View Full Version : Getting your 5/16 tubing tight?

Bfouts
02-19-2016, 03:53 AM
What is the best way to do get the tubing tight? I used wire to hold some of my T fittings to the trees. And pulled the tubing as tight as I could! Some of it I feel could be tighter and may need some extra support. I'll post pictures on Sunday when I get back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiam
02-19-2016, 04:33 AM
Best way to get it tight is with a 2 handed tubing tool.

jpcole
02-19-2016, 04:40 AM
Pull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Potters3
02-19-2016, 05:10 AM
As I am pulling 5/16" lines out I go from mainline out around the end tree, attach a hook connector, pull the line putting tension on it as I walk back to the mainline. Then when I cut in the drops I open the 2 handed tool all the way and cut the tubing out of the middle before inserting the drop Tee. This leaves the lines banjo string tight, have to be a little careful because you can go to tight this way. I have tightened lines in future years with the 2 handed tool at the tees. Same method open tool all the way cut out tee insert new one, you just remove 3" to 4" of tubing

wiam
02-19-2016, 06:53 AM
I always unroll the tubing. Not just let it uncoil off the side.

SeanD
02-19-2016, 07:31 PM
I look for any trees I can slalom through between the tapped trees. In open areas that are too far from trees, I use the side tension grips and rope or string to pull it slightly up and off to the side to get any sags out.

Sean