PDA

View Full Version : 5/16 Y fittings

Bricklayer
02-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Just went and picked up a ton of new 5/16 max flow fittings. Like usuall I just filled the bag full of various fittings that I probley don't need but like to have lots on hand just in case. I noticed when I dumped them out when I got home that I have a lot of Y fittings. Don't think I've ever used a Y for anything. Is the a certain scenario where a y fitting is used specifically for. I was thinking maybe of trying to use a y in place of a t in a drop to see if I get better flow. But the tees I have have the sanitizing pins on them that are really handy and nice to have somewhere to plug the tap while not in use.

DrTimPerkins
02-17-2016, 07:01 AM
Bring them back to the store and get tees instead.

unc23win
02-17-2016, 07:41 AM
A Y can be used to make a branch in your 5/16 between trees or to make a loop around a tree. You can use them for drops but as you said what do you do with the spout? If your not sure where to use them take them back they run like .40 while T's are like .25

Bricklayer
02-17-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm gonna keep them just in case. Never know

BreezyHill
02-17-2016, 06:13 PM
I only use y on a drop tube. Feel into this by accident and on the same tree with the tee on the south side of the tree and the Y on the east there was always less sap in the Y. I counted the drips and it was the same speed as in the tee. Y transfers beter to the tubing than the t. Less turbulence, better access point, what ever. Friend tried it too and was shocked at the difference.

Try it you will like. it.

Ben

Russell Lampron
02-18-2016, 05:48 AM
I use them to make the loop around the end tree.