highlandcattle
02-15-2016, 10:38 AM
Just was in Aldis shopping. Thought everyone would enjoy this!1305513056

wnybassman
02-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Not sure what I'm looking at? Looks like a bottle of maple syrup. lol

happy thoughts
02-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Aldi's has been selling maple syrup for at least a couple of years now. I don't see how they can sell it for the price they do which last time I looked a few months ago was under $5.

DaveB
02-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Aldi owns Trader Joe's and they sell a lot of products that would surprise a lot of people. They are also a very international company and are like Walmart here in Germany.

happy thoughts
02-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Thanks for confirming something I suspected, dave as I've seen a few of the same products carried at both aldi's and trader Joe's at about the same prices.

highlandcattle
02-15-2016, 02:18 PM
The labeling is the oldcgrade and its a Canadian product. Why don't they need to abide by the new standards!? Walnartcand all other stores do the same! Not right! They ere getting $6.89. For this bottle

markcasper
02-15-2016, 03:20 PM
I don't see how they can sell it for the price they do which last time I looked a few months ago was under $5.Remember .....exchange rate.The $5 US is worth $7.50 to Canada, not a bad price for them, they are probably more than happy.

happy thoughts
02-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Thanks Mark. That explains it.

Highland, I'm still not getting it. Isn't "Grade A amber, rich taste", part of the new grading system? It's hard to judge color from your pic in comparison to what the new standards might require. I only produce for my own use and for gifts so not all that familiar with the grade changes. I guess I'm still missing something here.

Russell Lampron
02-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Just was in Aldis shopping. Thought everyone would enjoy this!1305513056

The labeling is the oldcgrade and its a Canadian product. Why don't they need to abide by the new standards!? Walnartcand all other stores do the same! Not right! They ere getting $6.89. For this bottle

Thanks Mark. That explains it.

Highland, I'm still not getting it. Isn't "Grade A amber, rich taste", part of the new grading system? It's hard to judge color from your pic in comparison to what the new standards might require. I only produce for my own use and for gifts so not all that familiar with the grade changes. I guess I'm still missing something here.

Am I missing something here as well. The Label says grade A Amber / Rich taste like the new grading system. I don't see the C grade?