PDA

View Full Version : New Leader Stainless 2x6 Preheater

johnallin
02-13-2016, 10:19 PM
In November I ordered a 2x6 stainless preheater and a Revolution syrup pan conversion kit. The Revolution pan and boxes all went in without a hitch as there was a book full of pictures and instructions.
The preheater was another story. It was missing some parts and any instructions, but Leader's a good company, parts were sent next day air and we got through it and I thank them.

Leader sure makes a nice product, I'm impressed with the build quality and I can't wait to try it out. It is a shame that it has to hide under the steam hood though.
Anyway, I've got it pretty close to being ready to plumb into the sap tank and wanted to share some pictures..
take care John

MISugarDaddy
02-14-2016, 04:36 AM
Glad to see that you are getting close to being ready. That is a nice looking preheater...what size are the tubes that make it up? You will have a nice setup when you get it all done. We have a new 2X6 Leader for this year and are anxious to try it out. It will be an adjustment I am sure from our 2X4 that we used for 8 seasons. Good luck with getting your plumbing done and hope you have a great season.
Gary

johnallin
02-14-2016, 11:56 AM
Tubes for feed and exit are 1½" thin wall stainless with 1" used for the parallel flow tubes. Like I said, it's a thing of beauty and a shame to hide it under the hood....