PDA

View Full Version : This cold snap is trying my patience.

Cedar Eater
02-13-2016, 01:58 PM
I want to get my trees tapped so I can get on to other outdoor things, but I don't like working when the temps are below 25 degF. It doesn't look like it will hit 10 today.

adk1
02-13-2016, 02:20 PM
I hear yeah it's hard to do anything in these temps without heat which I have none in the sugarhouse. That will change next year.

TerryEspo
02-13-2016, 05:12 PM
-16.6F or -27C in my yard today. Stupid cold !!:o

Cant even think about sap for a month or so. But the extreme cold sure gives me time for a whole new set up this season.

Hope temps turn favorable for all of us.

Good luck.

Terry

Cedar Eater
02-13-2016, 09:23 PM
At least I'm way more prepared this year than last year, but I didn't get my firewood for heating the house in before the first snow, so I have to keep going into the woods and cutting up trees that have a lot of ice on them. I think 25% of the wood I'm burning is drying out the 75% that's heating the house. Too many projects on the list.

Michigan Maples
02-14-2016, 11:33 AM
I want to get my trees tapped so I can get on to other outdoor things, but I don't like working when the temps are below 25 degF. It doesn't look like it will hit 10 today.

Yea........it's way too cold to do much outside, so I'm spending this weekend to make sure I have everything ready to go. Looks like we'll be out in the woods either Thursday or Friday this week.

adk1
02-14-2016, 11:40 AM
Yup real cold was thinking about tappin tomorrow but don't know yet