PDA

View Full Version : Mineline repair question

boondocker
02-13-2016, 08:13 AM
I have a secton on 3/4" maine line that has been chewed through by a grey squirrel in two spots. One spot being near the top and the other down by where it connects into another 3/4" main. Is there any sort of easy fix for this besides replacing the mainline it's self? Can I just cut it and add a 3/4 X 3/4 Connector? I took care of the squirrel so now I need to fix the holes. It is on vaccuum. Just wondering what you guys do in this situation. Thanks.

Super Sapper
02-13-2016, 08:28 AM
The connector should work fine.

maple flats
02-13-2016, 08:31 AM
I just cut out the bad section and add a piece of new. If the area is just in a short length that is damaged you may be able to pull it enough to just use 1 coupling, otherwise you need 2 and some new tubing to fix it.

boondocker
02-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Yea that's what I figured, I have a bunch of connectors so I will just cut it and install those. Just wasent sure if someone had made a patch of some sort that worked.

J. hutchins
02-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Bituthene. Place a scab over the hole (a small piece of pipe cut in half) tape it on with electric tape. Wrap the bituthene around the hole and scab, then heat it up with the torch and get it hot enough to seal. I find it works best to heat one edge of the bituthene then keep heating as you wrap(work it in with your hands and make sure to keep it smooth) I keep 8''x8'' squares on hand. Then wrap the whole deal with electric tape. The scab is important so you don't suck the bituthene into the pipe. If the pipe is shredded just put in a new section of pipe. Works great.

wiam
02-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Bituthene. Place a scab over the hole (a small piece of pipe cut in half) tape it on with electric tape. Wrap the bituthene around the hole and scab, then heat it up with the torch and get it hot enough to seal. I find it works best to heat one edge of the bituthene then keep heating as you wrap(work it in with your hands and make sure to keep it smooth) I keep 8''x8'' squares on hand. Then wrap the whole deal with electric tape. The scab is important so you don't suck the bituthene into the pipe. If the pipe is shredded just put in a new section of pipe. Works great.

I would not use roofing in my tubing system!

boondocker
02-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Well the crazy part is the little jerk chewed it on the bottom on both chew spots.....lol. so I think I am going use the 3/4-3/4 Connectors.

adk1
02-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Ss connector only with pipe clamps on each end

boondocker
02-13-2016, 05:14 PM
I use plastic PVC but yes I use SS hose clamps on all my fittings.