PDA

View Full Version : pan question

PF
03-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Instead of 3 stock pots on my homemade propane rig I was thinking of upgrading to one big pan to be more efficient. What is the difference between a syrup pan and a cross flow syrup pan? Are the crossflows made specifically for sugarin'? I see many used crossflow pans at bascoms.

Pete33Vt
03-04-2007, 10:26 AM
To get rid of your stock pots you could go with a flat bottom syrup pan. As long as the deminsions match up to your rig. A cross flow pan unless it sized for your rig would be tough to work with. They are made so that you draw off on the side of your rig. If you used one that was made for a different rig your draw off would be on the front where your buner goes in. Unless you added a drawoff to the side. If it was my rig I would go with the flat bottom pan. If you take your demensions to Bascoms they will hook you up with a really good setup.
Hope this helps.

325abn
03-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Find a 20 x 20 roasting pan. How close are your burners to your pan?

PF
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Burners are 1.5 inches below pan bottom. Flame hits pan bottom and flame spreads out across the bottom of pan. These are three burners about 11 inches apart.

PF
03-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Anyone know what guage ss they use on a crossflow pan? Is it the same guage as a syrup pan? Sorry for the ignorant questions guys but I am still learnin'.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I think most are 22 gauge.