PDA

View Full Version : Shurflow Manifold,second attempt,,,,-Input welcome

TerryEspo
02-09-2016, 07:22 AM
Hello To Everyone:

Last year I made a much simpler manifold and wanted to improve for this season. I will be mounting it on a pallet for stability also.12916 12918

My new manifold has 4 lines that can go different directions into the bush. You will notice the lowest line by the clamp in the pic is my gravity drain line, I lowered that on purpose for natural gravity when pump is not turned on.

My second improvement (I hope), was installing a 90 elbow at the pump intake( also by the clamp), this will create a nice air and liquid mix entering the pump at all times.
Last year with no elbow too much sap at times entered to pump all at once, not mixed with air.

Does anyone see a problem with the 90 elbow just before the intake?

with the 4 way manifold I can turn off a line anytime (leak or whatever) and leave the other lines sucking away !!

If I turn off all 4 bush lines and open both natural gravity line and pump intake line, I then can suck from my collection tank and pump into my transport container. This can be done without losing vacuum if you turn off the bush lines before opening the natural gravity line.

If I lift the natural gravity hose out of liquid and open the valve just a wee bit it allows a smidgen of air into the whole system in the event all my lines are full of sap (I wish), if I not getting the air-liquid mix I desire.

Lastly, at end of season I can turn my pump around and make the intake flush my entire system, run the system in reverse !!

I am still playing with it, so input is welcome. One more thing I plan is to put one more black fitting that will allow me to pour hot water into the manifold in the event of ice (had ice last year). Still thinking on that. I did use hot water many times last year dealing with ice.

Hoping second time is a charm.

Thanks.

Terry