PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in Stamford

wkies
02-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Got everything in yesterday and today. Sap was running for sure. One off the earliest dates I've tapped. We'll see if it pays off. My gut thinks that when spring comes, it's going to stay.

valleyman
02-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I looked at a long term forecast and it predicted that we're heading into cold spell to slow us down, then last week of February and the first two weeks of March seem to be amazing for us sap collectors, then some really warm temps coming the last half of March.

sr73087
02-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Have most people tapped already? I guess the temps have been right for it. Just scarred we will get a cold snap and the holes will dry up before the typical good runs in March. Looking at the extended forecast its boarderline basically for the rest of the month, could be great or alittle cold. Would most of you just get them tapped at this point?

valleyman
02-04-2016, 08:33 AM
YES
Down here in Southern CT there has been a very good run this week. I have a feeling we'll be looking at the tree buds swelling by the last couple weeks in March. Hope I'm wrong but I had moths visiting already.