PDA

View Full Version : Float box part - need your help

gmc8757
02-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Hey guys. I bought a new evaporator this year. Got it in October of last year - very excited. Although, the customer service has been horrible.
I am missing a part from my float box, but I don't know what part I need exactly or if I can even get it from somewhere other than the person I got the evaporator from.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction of what part I need and where I can get it - by looking at the picture? Thank you!12762

mellondome
02-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Just a quick look you are missing the cold sap bridge and z-arm. But can you set everything out of the float box and snap a pic? Looks like there is something under the float and in the corner where the bridge would sit.

Who is the manufacturer?

BAP
02-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Manufacturer, model, and size will help people get you pointed in the right direction.

gmc8757
02-02-2016, 06:55 PM
I'd rather not mention the manufacture if possible. Had a pretty crappy experience with them and I'm hoping they make good on a few things (although they have had since October to so who knows)
Here are some other pictures, hoping they help...

mellondome
02-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Just looked at the same exact float system 2 hours ago. You are missing the bridge ( where the sap comes in it slides in the tabs) and the z arm (connects to the float and the bridge . Will have a gasket that seals off the incoming sap when level is reached) the z arm is usually not separated from the bridge! So they are lost together. The z arm for yours is round bar like on the float, not the wide flat style

mellondome
02-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Where are you located?

gmc8757
02-03-2016, 03:21 AM
Great, thank you. I am in the Hudson Valley NY. Any idea where I can order those two things?

maple flats
02-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Try the mfgr. again, with the specifics of what is missing. If that doesn't sound like it will work, try any other dealer for that brand. The next option would be a place like Bascom's but you will need to tell them the brand, so you get the correct parts.

gmc8757
02-03-2016, 05:59 AM
I might be sol then. The guy was great w communication right up until I gave him the money. He had a few parts missing and said he would ship them the following week. That was in October. I call, email, text, and get nothing. I should have held some money, but like I said, he was great until that point.

adk1
02-03-2016, 06:32 AM
Listen manufacturers check these sites often. I would call him once more and try to get the parts. If it doesn't work, post the manufacturers name on here. It has been done before. This does not sound right if the manufacturer screwed you. Just sayin

BAP
02-03-2016, 06:50 AM
The other thing is if you post the manufacturer's name here, somebody might be able to come up with a solution for you using parts from another brand. Without specifics, it is hard to help you.

adk1
02-03-2016, 06:54 AM
Well ,I tried to pm you but your inbox is full. Delete some messages to make room

gmc8757
02-03-2016, 07:13 AM
Try again...just deleted some.

mellondome
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Great, thank you. I am in the Hudson Valley NY. Any idea where I can order those two things?

Sent you pm.

Sugarmaker
02-03-2016, 09:54 AM
I would say that most of this stuff is custom to each mfg. So you may have to deal with them?? Not so good service has been heard on hear before. I remember one supplier getting beat up pretty good for poor customer service. Remember this is the busiest time of the year for those folks too. I wish you the best.
If its any consolation I would not let this keep me from making syrup. Remember it is only a float. We made syrup for 10 years on a 3 x 10 Warren rig and just let the sap drizzle in from a controlled manual valve.
Regards,
Chris

gmc8757
02-03-2016, 10:36 AM
I hear you, it's the busiest time of year. That's why I contacted him couple of times a month Oct, Nov, Dec and basically weekly starting Jan.
Definitely won't stop me from boiling, that's for sure.

Daves Maple Farm
02-03-2016, 11:05 AM
First...he is NOT your friend if he is screwing you with his product.
Second...all though it may cost you, a nice letter from your favorite attorney may help.
Third..contact the better business bureau in your area.
Fourth..send him a letter, registered mail, demanding the parts witin five days or you will post your experince as well as his name and business on maple sites such as this, and face book.

Any one of the may get his attention, especially number 4

Good luck.

gmc8757
02-03-2016, 11:11 AM
I kind of like number 4.
He actually picked up my call today. Granted, I had to make my caller ID look like a local to him number was calling. That was only minutes after he did not answer the call w my real caller ID showing. He did say he will ship it this Friday express mail. We shall see. He's famous for saying he will ship Friday as he's probably told me that 10 times already.

johnallin
02-03-2016, 12:46 PM
I'd give him one last shot to ship this Friday but if no results...just post it on the Trader. There's no excuse to treat a customer like that.