PDA

View Full Version : Simple Wes Fab 7" Short Stack plumbing question

dsaw
01-31-2016, 09:04 PM
What is the input/outlet port size on the Wes Fab 7" short stack filter press? I ordered one from Bascom, but held off ordering the hoses because I couldn't figure out what size to order; so I thought I'd buy them local (before I realized how specialized they were). I searched the web, and can't find any specs listing the sizes. The Bascom site doesn't have them, and they're too swamped to answer questions right now (I tried calling), which I understand this time of year.

Dennis H.
02-01-2016, 12:16 AM
Bascoms to busy to answer questions about a piece of equipment that they sold?????

mellondome
02-01-2016, 02:06 AM
It should come with the hoses. At least the inlet to the plates from the pump. If it is a gear pump this will be hard plumbed. Air pump it should come with a pressure hose. Unless they have changed them it should be all 1/2"

MISugarDaddy
02-01-2016, 05:07 AM
The inlet and outlet pipes are 1/2". We use 3/4" braided hose for ours and it works great. Just heat the end in some hot water and it will slide right onto the pipes. You definitely want to use braided hose to avoid it collapsing on you when it gets hot syrup in it. You will need three pieces of hose; inlet, outlet, and bypass.
Gary

BAP
02-01-2016, 05:38 AM
Bascoms to busy to answer questions about a piece of equipment that they sold?????
Most likely they are right now. This time of the year, and the early warm up, there are times when you can barely find parking and room to move around the showroom. If you have never been there before it is hard to believe, but it is amazing how busy it can be. I live about 8 miles from there and try to time getting there when it is less likely to be busy.

WESTMAPLES
02-01-2016, 07:00 AM
i was at bascom`s last thrusday and it was qiuet, only a few lookie-lou`s i talked with sam and bruce for about 25 mins after getting what i needed. you should have asked sam or dave what size you needed ?? they have hot syrup hose right in stock.

dsaw
02-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the input. I ordered 1/2" hose, which arrived today; but the filter was backordered and won't arrive till next week.

maple flats
02-06-2016, 05:31 AM
Did you ask if the hoses came with the unit. I have a Lapierre and it had the hoses. After 10 years I'm still on the original high pressure hose (goes from the pump to the filter plates) but I have altered the recirculate hose and the filtered syrup hose to fit my current needs. For the filtered syrup hose I use the high temp hose (silicone?) like what came with it, but for recirculation I just use the braid reinforced vinyl hose. I made mine much longer, so I now you it to move syrup from one point to another, like from my drawoff tank to my finisher or to move partially boiled concentrate, like when I clean the front pan, I drain it into my draw off tank. Then after I clean the pan, I turn the filter press motor on and pull the draw tank contents to the pump, but rather that pushing it thru the filter plates, I close that valve and open my re circulate valve with the other end set to discharge back into the front pan, fast, neat and simple.

jmayerl
02-06-2016, 10:14 AM
If you have felt farm or any farm supply near you go and get
Milk line hose. It is silicone based and stay soft when cold yet
Retains it shape at 200F. The ends are 1-2 threaded. I got copper screw on ends with short pieces of 1/2 copper solder to the end, then 5/8 milk hose fits right on.

dsaw
02-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Turns out, despite the description, it came with about 10' of hose. So now I have plenty with what I ordered separately. And to jmayerl, unfortunately, we're a bit short on dairy supply stores here in S. IN (I searched out of curiosity, closest one is 3 hrs away in Cincinnati); they probably have a lot of sanitary fittings that would come in handy for both syrup or beer brewing.