PDA

View Full Version : Busch pump

Jason Howles
01-30-2016, 06:05 PM
I have a Busch 6.4 hp 3 phase vacuum pump Will it hurt the pump if I run it without the vacuum sensor working properly at the full RPMs of 3500 for long periods of time. It's currently holding 28.5 inches of vac on the woods and is still running at the maximize rpms and not slowing due to me having the sensor wired wrong I think. I like the high vac but will it hurt anything?

J. hutchins
01-30-2016, 07:22 PM
They are built to run at max rpm. Just keep an eye on oil levels, if you have a lot of air coming through your system you can send the oil out with your exhaust.

blissville maples
01-30-2016, 08:25 PM
my father has boughten me a 5hp and a 3hp. he has been told not to run at the full max, but rather at 27-28 inches. this doesn't make sense why spend 3500 on pump to get only 27''?? i thought these could rech 29'' so im looking at running suggestions for thes ebusch pumps, i thought they were best of best??

maplwrks
02-04-2016, 05:42 AM
You can still run high vacuum with low rpms. Once your system is real tight slow the pump down to maintain the desired level.

GeneralStark
02-04-2016, 06:25 AM
You can still run high vacuum with low rpms. Once your system is real tight slow the pump down to maintain the desired level.

Assuming you are using a VFD to control the pump.

GeneralStark
02-04-2016, 06:32 AM
I have a Busch 6.4 hp 3 phase vacuum pump Will it hurt the pump if I run it without the vacuum sensor working properly at the full RPMs of 3500 for long periods of time. It's currently holding 28.5 inches of vac on the woods and is still running at the maximize rpms and not slowing due to me having the sensor wired wrong I think. I like the high vac but will it hurt anything?

You should be able to manually slow the pump down by lowering the frequency. Without knowing the specifics of your setup it is hard to say for certain but your pump is likely running wide open at 60 Hz. With most VFDs you can just increase or decrease the output frequency. Try dropping it down to 50 Hz and see what your vac. level is. You should be able to find the zone where the pump is keeping your vac. level high, but is not running at higher speed than necessary.

PerryFamily
02-04-2016, 06:34 AM
MES sells atlas copco and it's the best investment so far
Turn it on and forget about it
Max vac all the time
I wouldn't think it would hurt the busch but like someone said keep track of oil level

DrTimPerkins
02-04-2016, 06:43 AM
It shouldn't hurt the pump to run max rpm continuously. Once you're above about 23-24", getting each extra little bit of increase is a challenge. Above 26-27", it takes a real lot of work to move the dial. You may never see 29" unless you deadhead the pump. Thee other factor is elevation. You lose roughly 1" for each 1,000' of elevation.