PDA

View Full Version : Stolen buckets/taps/covers?

GregMVT
03-02-2007, 05:28 AM
I need a place to vent, and I think this is the best place to do it! With all the snow/cold here we weren't able to start tapping until this past Weds. I took the day off and my wife and I started tapping the trees at work, a small college here in town. Yesterday when I went in I noticed that a couple of buckets/taps/covers were missing, later found more missing, for a total of 4. We've never had equipment missing, have found some trash, or buckets being used as a beer cooler (still hung on the tap). We usually have about 120-150 taps at the school, no tubing since the trees are spread out across campus and it's fairly flat land. I have talked to the head of security, the resident director (she is in the process of doing room inspections), the head of housekeeping (she knows everything!) Hopefully someone will run across the missing equipment and no more will be taken!

Greg

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Them dam college kids are up to no good again. Probably some girls as there UFB. I was over in Pawlet at the Hulett's one summer and we're standing in the milkhouse shooting the breeze and bruce says did you see that?? what we said= Well 4 broads grabbed the test plot corn signs and ran like the devil for the river(Swimming pull off at the farm) anyways we all jump in 3 different trucks and head fro Button falls Rd. thought it was some guys at first/Nope 4 college girls walking down the road with 2 signs- 2 were in their undies and Bra's-Funny as hell i tell ya-as i'm LMAO right now. Bruce and Rich ended up getting out of the truck and talking to them for a while-Got to the ? of what were you going to do with the signs= Put them in our dorm rooms...

That was the 2nd. time that year they caught different girls after the signs.

super sappy
03-02-2007, 06:32 AM
WoW -COEDS-BRAS- PANTIES- What kind of signs were they? Id like to get half a dozen to string around my property.-SUPER SAPPY

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Sappy- Signs come up missing about every couple of years- Get yourself some of the Pioneer signs-They don't touch the Agway ones for some reason??

3% Solution
03-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Sappy, Double your chances, get a dozen sap buckets, too.

Greg, I know how you feel when someone steals your stuff, PISSED is the first feeling, then comes KILL, then you want to find the thief and just throttle um.
Sorry to hear about it, hope they catch the person(s) and disipline them, like make them gather for you this spring.
Dave

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Sappy- I assume you know where i'm talking about as your not too far away from there? Anyways if your ever in that area of Jcts of 153 and 30 in Pawlet slide in and do some "fishing" below the falls down stream as that is where the clothing optional area is...

Sometimes you can hit it right and get lucky... Or should i say see something..

I'll work on getting you some of the golden ear signs.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
03-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Boy do they like to cause trouble= read this http://www.dateline.ucdavis.edu/092499/DL_vandalism.html

College kids with nothing better to do?

GregMVT
03-04-2007, 05:25 AM
I'm not 100% sure that it was college students. They have been on break this week so there are only about 70 on campus. There has never been any problems with things missing in the previous 3 seasons we've tapped at the school. Hopefully whoever took them has enough buckets now, the only problem we've had since then is the wind on Friday took down a lot of buckets or covers. I think we have about 125 buckets there now and could put up some more if the snow goes down!

Greg

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Fouind this one and was wondering if sappy has any buckets hanging off his X-Mas tree??

peacemaker
12-01-2008, 04:10 PM
the xmas tree the back of the van next to the tinted windows on his deer stand then he even made one stand out ouf the corn signs