PDA

View Full Version : Best releaserfor 500-1000 taps

butler
01-26-2016, 01:43 PM
Just looking for a little advice, what is the best mechanical releaser for approx.. 500 taps? I live in Ontario Canada.. Any good sources up here... Always interested in a good used one as well if someone is upgrading... Thanks

maple flats
01-26-2016, 07:16 PM
I like Ed Sobles releasers. He makes a double horizontal that is only 14" high to where the mains connect to the manifold. I bought one in Aug 2015 for $800 US. It will handle up to 1500 taps as I got it, and can do over 2500 taps if the second end on each of the horizontal tanks gets an outlet flapper to.
I don't know what the exchange rate would do for your end. Ed is in Central Square, NY.

Teuchtar
01-26-2016, 08:43 PM
I got a Bernard Vertical Releaser for $800 Cdn a couple years ago. Simple and dependable, just keep it clean and lubricated.
With a 70cent dollar, I would be surprised if you don't come out ahead shopping in Canada.
But don't wait any longer if you want a releaser this year. They get pretty hard to find this close to the start of season.

butler
01-27-2016, 08:06 AM
Thanks for all the info guys... Hoping to find a decent gast dairy pump and Releaser to try my hands at vacuum... I'm in the market for a decent used vacuum pump as well if anyone is upgrading