PDA

View Full Version : Need a different mounting plate for Delaval pump.

Woodsymiles
01-25-2016, 02:12 PM
My motor doesnt match up to pump motor mount plate, was thinking of welding motor to plate, or cutting off motor legs, anyone know about getting different plates for the vac, its a delaval 78.

lpakiz
01-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Is there a way to re-drill the plate? Or the motor base?
Welding would absolutely be plan Z. How would you remove it for repair or to adjust the belts?

Woodsymiles
01-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Can't refill because the plate isn't wide enough and the area where motor mount meets motor is in the way. I think I'm going to mount 2x2 box beam to pump plate than bolt the motor to that, it will sit higher by a few inches but it will be able to be tensioned and sturdy.

lpakiz
01-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Yes, that sounds like a very good idea.

BreezyHill
01-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Go to Home depot or lowes and go to the conduit section...There you will find UNISTRUT Channel. This stuff is awesome!!!

This can be mounted to the motor base byusing the holes in the flat backside. Then you can use two small pieces to mount to your motor. These can be mounted to the base pieces byway of stud plates that fit the front side of the channel. Now you have an easy way to tension the belts.

let me know if you need pics.I use it to support my releaser.

attach the manifold to the concrete sugar house wall. Its uses are endless. You can also see where the support wire is connect using a L bracket and a chain repair link.

Every tapper should have a section of this for those wuick fixes and in the bag of tricks.

Ben

Woodsymiles
01-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Good idea on that conduit channel.