PDA

View Full Version : 3/16ths sugarbush

dbeitz1891
01-19-2016, 12:36 PM
700 out of 800 or so of my taps are on 3/16 and after hearing steve childs presentation this past weekend I will be tapping this weekend if the weather forecast stays the same. Hoping for an early small run to make sure all equipment is working properly.

Anyone else thinking about tapping?

paraord
01-20-2016, 10:24 AM
Im just up the ways from you to the North East in Clarendon. I was thinking about it myself this weekend looking at the extended, or at least a handful to see how its gonna flow. Looking like that nice Over/Under temp swing. Mighty early historically from what I understand but this winter has been a weird one. I only used my new to me loader 1 time to plow snow and really it was just because I wanted to play with it.

dbeitz1891
01-20-2016, 11:41 AM
We're on edge of the snow belt but we haven't gotten much to speak of either, I'm hoping for a little run on Monday or Tuesday to test everything and sweeten the pans. By the looks of it next weekend will be the real deal though. I'm afraid if we wait until normal tapping season that we'll get a quick spring and will have missed a bunch of runs.