PDA

View Full Version : finaly getting woodshed filled

markct
01-17-2016, 09:00 PM
Its been a busy year, maple prep has been behind indeed, but have got most of my woods checked and repaired, had a little wood in the shed but not enough to be comftorable so spent the weekend moving logs that i had in the woods and cutting and splitting alot. Saturday had my two younger helpers, both are sons of friends of mine, they are good workers for there age and smart kids. And of course having a mini excavator to handle logs helps keep them interested in the task! Then Sunday my father shuttled logs around with the forks on the tractor, i would carry them out of the woods with the excavator and reach up the bank and set them on the forks of the tractor, worked well and got alot of wood moved fast and spend a few hours splitting. Still sorting out the plumbing to hook up my new lapierre flue pan, just ordered some more triclove adaptors to weld up some combination that will get sap from one to the other and mount float box etc. Lots to do still but it will get done, hard to tell if its going to turn cold and be a late season or stay warm and should be tapping any day!

Sugarmaker
01-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Good looking wood pile. Nice to have some help and some good equipment for handling too.
Regards,
Chris

WESTMAPLES
01-18-2016, 12:15 PM
looks good mark, it makes things easier with good helpers, and this year idk if its a curse or a blessing with the weather we`ve had so far great for working in the woods and tying up loose ends maple wise..... but mother nature will let us know soon enough whats going to happen

markct
01-18-2016, 05:33 PM
Yeah it's a lot easier to check lines with no snow and can still feel your fingers! Sure is puzzling tho if it's gonna stay mild and be an early year or turn cold and be late, gotta be ready for either!