PDA

View Full Version : No luck yet

jcdube
01-12-2016, 06:49 PM
My husband and I joined this site in October 2015, with the goal of ultimately selling our sapping equipment. We want to sell our entire system. We posted our classified ad last month, and over 400 people have looked at it, but we haven't received one phone call. I don't think the price is too high---$9,000 for everything anyone would need to get started. Everything is in pristine shape. Perhaps this mild winter so far in NH is keeping people from making such a leap. Any thoughts?

unc23win
01-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Maybe you should post a picture in this thread so people know what items you are talking about. A lot of people will window shop and browse threads and many of us might not travel to NH for items, but we might be curious to know what things are going for. Don't take it too personal.

tcross
01-13-2016, 06:28 AM
I've seen your add... everything looks very nice. Don't take this the wrong way... but lots of folks don't want to or can't spend $9k on a "hobby" and will piece meal things together as they can afford... as I have! I realize you want to get rid of everything, however if you allow it to be pieced out instead of, everything has to be sold together, you'd have better luck getting rid of the stuff. lots of small/hobby producers don't need a R.O, or a Filter press, but could use a nice arch, or may only need a pump and releaser! just my thoughts!

jcdube
01-17-2016, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. Our ad closes next week. We are going to place one in our local newspaper and see if that works. If not, we'll try again on this web site.

Thanks again for responding.

jcdube
01-17-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks very much for your suggestion/thoughts. Unfortunately, we need to sell the entire system in order to use that money as a down payment on a car this spring. We're going to post an ad in our local newspaper as soon as our ad closes here, which will be next week. Maybe that will work. If not, we'll post it again here. I think too that people don't want to spend that kind of money when the weather isn't cooperating and it doesn't look like sapping season will be a very good one for small producers.

Thanks again.