PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for advice

Mitchhorne8
01-08-2016, 05:02 PM
Hello everyone I'm in the process of receiving my 1st evaporator (2x6) from Patrick Phaneuf and I'm very excited. However right now it comes with a float box and all connection from the drop pan to the syrup pan, but other than that what piece of equipment should I add on that may not necessarily be considered stock, but ordered now while his building it? But also not thousands of dollars. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

derekp
01-08-2016, 07:34 PM
First off, how many taps are u planning on having??

Mitchhorne8
01-08-2016, 10:19 PM
First off, how many taps are u planning on having??
250 to 300

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

derekp
01-08-2016, 11:56 PM
I am not sure what he offers for add ons but a good start would be to look into adding and air into your firebox. This alone can up your GPH boil off rate. I'm sure others who have Phaneuf rigs will chime in on what they have done! Congrats and goodluck with the upgrade!

rayi
01-09-2016, 09:21 AM
It came with a hood and preheater. First thing I did was add AUF in evaporator. I live near Mason MI and it was cheaper for me to buy the premade shroud fan and rheostat from them to try to make it my self. If it's a drop flu the drain is a PIA. If you run it out the side it gets plugged and is hard to get out. I ended up running it out the bottom and opening it every now and then. If it does get plugged I bent a SS rod at 90 degrees to poke up there and no get my hands burned. Also you may find that the front pan does not have enough depth to run full out. I think I fixed that for the up coming year by using a 1/4 inch steel flat under the flu pan with two layers of rail insulation