PDA

View Full Version : We're tapped

caribou
02-27-2007, 06:52 AM
We started repairing squirrel damage on the 13th of Feb, got hit with 20 inches of snow on the 14th, and worked the next six days on snowshoes. Got all the damage fixed and WE ARE TAPPED. Of course it turned cold again. Hope this week will start. We are ready. Remember, eat more squirrel. It will save you money!!!

Dave Y
02-27-2007, 06:04 PM
caribou,
Where abouts in NE Pa are you. My daughter is in Wilkes-Barre and there snow is gone. I bought my rig off of some real nice folks in Dalton.

Dave Y
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Caribou, I was wrong I talked to my daughter tonite and they do still have snow in Wilkes-Barre

Jim Brown
02-28-2007, 05:35 AM
We got 250 more in the trees today and the sap was running into the stock tank by the time we were finished. Got about 50 today or tomorrow more then bring on the sun and the real runs!1
Jim

caribou
03-01-2007, 07:06 AM
We are in Susquehanna County; half way between Scranton, PA and Binghamton,NY After the big snow we had another 4 inches. I was up in the bush yesterday with my 4 wheeler following my son's (DooCat) snowmobile tracks and buried it. Deep. Took my wife and I 20 minutes to dig it out. Had a small run yesterday; sunny but only 34 degrees.

Dave Y
03-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Caribou,
Maybe some time when Im out that way I can look you up and you can show me your set up.

caribou
03-07-2007, 07:38 AM
We are just off I-81 and you can see the steam rising from the highway. Exit 223. We are a small operation with a nice little sugarhouse, new evaporator and hope to get our RO running soon. e-mail and stop in anytime.

maplehound
03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Caribou,
How far off the Ohio Line is that? I may find the time to come if you are going to be boiling at the right time.

Dave Y
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Caribou,
My daughter is coming home this weekend to help make syrup. She is a photography major at LCCC. she lives in Naticoke. I will tell her a bout your opreration. She may want to come up and take some photos.

Maplehound,
Caribou is in the northeast corner of Pa. it is abot a 5 1/2 hr drive from the Ohio -Pa line

FLB maple syrup
03-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Finished today-snow still plenty deep. Should be several good runs in the
week ahead. We had to shovel out the main line for 70 feet. Also noted
some rodent damage on blue tubing(this has only been up 1 year).

Hope to have some bottled for the maple Taste and Tour Weekend!
Hope everyone has full buckets and tanks by Sat. evening!

Lew, Bill, Jeff and Mike at Fort LeBoeuf Maple Syrup

Dave Y
03-08-2007, 07:33 PM
hey Bill Its about time you got out and did something . You cant let your buddies do all the work.

Sugarmaker
04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
FLB,
Bill , Lew, Jeff and Mike, How did you finish out on the season?
Thanks for the tips on cleaning the tubing at the sugarhouse. Saved me several days on noodling.
See you at the meeting at L. Denglers on April 12, 7:00

Chris