PDA

View Full Version : squirrel trap ?

maplemas
01-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Has anyone tried this trap from tsc ? Says you can catch multiple squirrels at a time ...
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/catchmor-squirrelinator-trap?cm_vc=-10005

BreezyHill
01-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Gamo Bone Collector, Bull Whisper. 1300 fps get a good 3x9 zoom scope and lea the pellets fly. Sounds like a 22 closeup but pretty quite 300 feet away.

Then there is the LR 22 if you can get the shells, and my fav is the Remington 1100 semi auto 12 ga. Nice warm days make the job easier than hot summer days with leaves on the trees.

Trapped as a kid, don't have time to set an check the darn things every day. Got a cat in the live trap by the garden a few years back. Didn't know cats liked peanut butter. Dumb cat kept going back for more. Still have the cat and the trap is in the attic. lol

Ben

eagle lake sugar
01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Just put a sap tank out there, that's the best squirrel/mouse trap I've found. You can't seem to keep them out of it!

Rock Bottom Maple
01-08-2016, 01:18 PM
I use the large standard rat traps. Work great , low cost. Have you considered what you would do with "multiple (LIVE) squirrels at a time" ??????????

maplemas
01-08-2016, 01:55 PM
I was thinking easy dinner ... :lol:
Where is the best place you have found to put the rat traps ?
I've got to do something fast they are loving the new tubing

Sunday Rock Maple
01-08-2016, 03:54 PM
We built a narrow box out of 1" by 6" rough lumber that is just wide (and high) enough for a rat trap and long enough that a kid can't stick their arm in and touch a trap. There are holes on each end small enough to prevent a cat from entering but large enough for a gray squirrel and two rat traps in the middle each facing out with an access cover right above them to set them but we don't bait as I'm not sure if that is legal with the DEC. It works well and prevents song birds from getting caught (which may happen if they are out in the open).

BlueberryHill
01-08-2016, 06:55 PM
How about posting a pic of your conTRAPtion? That sounds like a good one!

cropseyvillemark
01-09-2016, 07:14 AM
We sold the Squirrelinator for a few years. It was a dud. The version we had came with a drowning tray. That raised a few eyebrows with the PETA folks.

Daveg
01-17-2016, 12:11 PM
You boil that sap with or without the dead animals? just thinking "value added" products.....